Kansas City, MO
The Estimator is responsible for estimating both maintenance projects and projects involving the supply and erection of pre-engineered metal buildings (PEB/PEMB/EMB) along with the preparation of formal written proposals.
- Preparing estimates by calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment costs and applying to complete scope of work
- Defining and quantifying scope of work and preparing comprehensive conceptual, budgetary, and construction cost estimates for projects
- Reviewing / researching historical data and compiling summary reports of completed projects to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates
- Securing quotations from subcontractors and material vendors in support of the work scope(s)
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management may be given preference
- 5+ years of construction estimating experience, ideally in a related position involving pre-engineered metal buildings and/or turn-key commercial projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team to estimate projects of moderate complexity up to $10 Million
- Ability to evaluate, quantify and capture specification requirements within the estimate
- Prior experience working with terms & conditions in construction contracts
- Demonstrated construction math and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and / or construction estimating software. Must also be able to demonstrate ability to read blue prints
- Ability to travel 10-20%
Looking for that next step in your career? Explore some of our open positions.