Senior Consultant - Energy, Resources, & Utilities Practice
HOUSTON, TX (MEMORIAL)
Are you an experienced consulting professional who has conducted business transformations within CFO, CIO or COO functions for energy companies in the Houston region?
If so, we have an exciting international firm with leading AI and data science capabilities to share with you.
You would have the opportunity to gain exposure and contribute to business development, internal capability building, and client delivery. This position will contribute to all phases of the business process and project management consulting life-cycle.
- Client delivery of transformation projects in Upstream, Midstream or Downstream sectors
- Undertaking various client engagements and ensuring consistent delivery of superior client service; this includes leading and assuming responsibility for high-quality programs, initiatives, and deliverables while respecting established time frames and budget
- Lead the planning and implementation of a project’s life-cycle from start to finish
- Define project scope, manage the team’s performance of project tasks
- Ensure the project is delivered within budget, on schedule, and within the scopes parameter
- Track and communicate progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines
- Report on status and variances
- Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget, and schedule
- Contribute to business development in the Financial Services sector within the Houston area.
- Contribute to internal practice development through the development and delivery of training, thought leadership (blogs, papers)
- Limited travel
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Management Consultant at a Consulting firm
- Excellent understanding of Upstream, Midstream and downstream processes and technology
- Excellent understanding of energy commodities industry, market, supply and demand dynamics (oil, gas, renewable, coal, electricity generation and transmission, water management, sustainability, waste management)
- Project Management and team leading
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher level of education. This individual should have a strong academic background in Business Acumen (e.g. Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Philosophy, Literature, Political Science and etc.)
- Outstanding team player, autonomous, dynamic, result oriented, rigorous and committed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Currently reside in Houston